Monday, December 19, 2011

Saving Money On Food By Buying In Bulk And Making It Yourself...

One of the ways our family tries to save money on groceries since we usually can only spend $350 to $400 a month to feed a family of 9. Just because you spend less does not mean it cannot be healthy. This month I got 4 pounds of pinto beans for $2 dollars and in turn made homemade re fried beans that will last our family 2-3 months, no additives or preservatives!! I also have 6 turkeys in my freezer I buy them when there .45 cents or less per pound and they typically will last til the next holiday season when I restock.

1 comment:

  1. That reminds me of your mom. I remember when she used to buy in bulk when there was a good sale. She was talented at that. Sounds like you are too.

    ReplyDelete